Cornjob Commands in cPanel
Cron jobs allow you to automate certain commands or scripts on your site. You can set a command or script to run at a specific time every day, week, etc. For example, you could set a cron job to delete temporary files every week to free up disk space.
Here are few useful commands for newbie cPanel users, this will help you run scripts at a specific time. Just choose a timing in cPanel "Add new Corn Job" settings and enter following commands in command inputbox, where XXXX is your scripts name, hope it helps.
- Run a PHP script at specific time : [cc lang="text"] php /home1/user8/public_html/XXXX.php [/cc]
- Set a timing to delete your apache error_log files. [cc lang="text"] rm /home1/user8/public_html/error_log [/cc]
- Delete all cache files inside cache directory. [cc lang="text"] rm /home1/user8/public_html/cache/* [/cc]
- Run a shell script. [cc lang="text"] /bin/sh /home1/user8/public_html/yourfile.sh [/cc]
- Execute a PHP file and save corn errors in a file [cc lang="text"] php /home1/user8/public_html/XXXX.php > /home1/user8/public_html/log_file [/cc]